Nossa Senhora, Mae de Deus Church
Elevated: 26.11.1873Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Feast: 1st Sunday of May
History:Ã‚ Originally Saligao was a chaplaincy of the parish of Nagoa.Ã‚ The chapel was raised to the status of parochial church in 1873.Ã‚ The Church was blessed on 26.11.1873.Ã‚ The statue of the Mother of God venerated at the side altar was brought form the extinct Convent of Mother of God from Daugim, Old Goa.Ã‚ A stone, with an inscription belonging to the same convent, was brought recently from the ruins of the convent of Daugim; this inscription stone is now placed at the entrance of the corridor.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ Neo-Gothic style, large size, 3-storey high
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ Prominent horizontal rustication (projections)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ Series of buttress fins with Gothic Pinnacles studded with crockets
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ Pinnacles tipped with fleur-de-lis finials
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Ã‚ Concrete columns arch together at apex to hold pinnacle with cross