Nossa Senhora da Imaculada Conceicao Church, Elevated: 1636,Â Feast: 8th December
History: Built around 1619, the church was under Mapusa until 1636 when it became a parish.Â The front was rebuilt in 1800, the chancel in 1814 and the body of the church in 1832.Â The rear tower was erected in 1838 to accommodate the bell of the Madre de Deus convent of Old Goa.Â The parochial house was built in 1841.
â€¢Â Mannerist Neo-Roman style
â€¢Â Large size, 5 bays x 3 storeys
â€¢Â Cupoliform faÃ§ade with large drum and lantern
â€¢Â Rococo moldings over arched openings
â€¢Â Central bay has trefoil arches for windows
â€¢Â Pilasters are highly ornamented
â€¢Â Balustrades wrap around at all levels
â€¢Â Finials of ovoid, urn and acanthus-leaf types.
100% Customer Satisfaction